Wednesday 24 July 2013

INSTALLATION OF THE 11TH PRESIDENT RTN CHARLES MAGALA



It all started before we went to the DCA in Mombasa when then, PE Charles approached me and requested that I chair his Installation. I knew I wasn’t the best choice for the assignment but again thought that if I didn’t do it , I would have let down myself and Rotary as well because our calling is to serve.


I then asked him if he had a venue in mind, to which he suggested NK Gardens, one as a way of supporting our own CP Joseph and also trying to lure him back.

I had to come up with committee members, request them to serve with me and also draw a budget which was later presented to the Club for approval. The challenge then was on financing the budget.

We suggested that we sell cards at 50,000/=@ but later reduced it to 40,000/=. This would finance 80% of our budget. The balance would then be financed by sales of magazines, and donations. From the beginning, all proceeds from the Adverts in the magazine were to be dedicated to projects and rightfully so, they did.

The other challenge was about articles for the Magazine and designing it. It’s a blessing that we have Hannington among the numbers, through thick and thin we got the Adverts, Articles and magazine designed.


Then came the issue of proceeds from the sale of cards to finance the budget. Members, really dragged on (which was understandable but we had a duty to do), with all the strategies that were used, we got the monies and with two days to D-day, we were in a confortable zone on the budget performance.

My special appreciation goes to all club members who donated both in kind (Julies’ Bushera) and cash, committee members who stuck to their duty stations and assignments, the M.C.s’, our guests, all the suppliers who performed beyond the monies paid to them and finally the President who gave me a chance to lead the rest in this function.

My day was crowned by becoming PHF and also RC Kajjansi allowing me to be the Rotarian of the year.
I will always commit to serve.

Installation Chair,
Rtn, PHF,Ismael Mukasa.

No comments:

Post a Comment