Sunday 11 July 2021

The BrIck July 2021

PRESIDENT ALEX KAMUKAMA'S JULY MESSAGE

It has become a belief in many circles that leadership comes from God. Indeed, I have seen the hand of God as we start the Change Maker year of service.


Thank God. The Club members remained positive when the lockdown was announced towards my Installation. We were preparing to have a blast!. 









I later got several telephone calls asking me to take heart. I kept encouraging them that God must be having a good reason for whatever is happening. 


My siblings had prepared to accompany me at the Installation ceremony in big numbers. They had started improving on their wardrobes.

Instead of turning the circumstances into despair, my siblings opted to contribute money  for me to buy an attire befitting a Change Maker President.


They wrote to me messages of conglatulations that were later captured in The Installation Magazine. These messages made me so emotional that I cried to God to show me what I could do with that LOVE from my kin.


The spirit of The Lord reminded me of the story of The Mustard seed. Where Jesus was asking us to have Faith even if as small as that little seed that grows into a huge tree.


I decided to dedicate whatever my family had planned to spend on an Installation party to starting The Innovation Centre at St Mark’s Church land at Sekiwunga.


With the Faith that whatever we start will grow into a great centre of excellence...where Rotary works with The Church to change lives of the less privileged!


My RC Kajjansi Family and my Brother DGE Peace Taremwa acknowledged the  pain of having no befitting Installation and decided to arrange a “scientific” ceremony  of 20 people at The Taremwas.  Am forever grateful. 


God gave me a very understanding wife Rtn Rhona, she successfully explained to our Children why my Installation party wasn’t at a hotel  or our home like they had witnessed over the years!


As the current elected leader of my club, I will endeavor to engage all Rotarians and people of good will to participate in expanding this community initiative that will  change lives of Youth and women.



We have started with building a cow shed complex for 12 Dairy cows. Once the  project takes off, the Youth will find employment,  children will access milk, women will access cow manure for their gardens etc. 



What a joy it will be when lives of thousands will change for the better as a result of this humble beginning!


Rtn Alex Kamukama

CM President 

2021/2022
















No comments:

Post a Comment